South Hadley, Mass. – Clark University senior Eddie McCluskey (Hope, Maine) had a pair of second-place finishes and several others had strong performances but the Cougars dropped a 170-64 decision to Wheaton College in a men's swimming dual meet hosted by Mount Holyoke College on Thursday afternoon.
McCluskey finished second in both the 200-yard freestyle (1:52.56) and the 100-yard freestyle (51:34) to highlight a stellar showing in the pool.
What Else Happened:
- Julian Ortega (West Palm Beach, Fla.) churned out third place efforts in the 200-yard butterfly (2:18.04) and in the 1,000-yard freestyle (11:15.33).
- Vlad Kiveliyk (Southington, Conn.) turned in a third place performance in the 500-yard freestyle (5:23.12) and was on Ortega's heels in the 1,000-yard freestyle (11:22.06), finishing fourth.
- Dylan Schrama (Taunton, Mass.) posted two third place finishes as well, touching the wall third in the 200-yard freestyle (1:54.54) and in the 200-yard backstroke (2:17.93).
- Diver Steven Castiglione (West Haven, Conn.) finished second on the 1-meter board (2:41.35) and then third on the three-meter (1:94.20).
- Other notable performances included Johan Nel (Wayne, Maine) finishing third in the 200-yard breaststroke (2:27.21) just ahead of teammate Bill Holloman (Avon, Conn.), who was fourth (2:27.99) and Sebastian Ortega (West Palm Beach, Fla.) touching the wall in third place in the 200-yard IM (2:18.14).
Clark is off until next Saturday when they host Coast Guard Academy in a dual meet beginning at 1:00 p.m.