Worcester, Mass. – Four different student-athletes won individual events for Clark University but the Cougars suffered a 154-103 setback to crosstown and New England Women's And Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) rival WPI on Wednesday evening.
- Julian Ortega (West Palm Beach, Fla.) bested teammate Eddie McCluskey (Hope, Maine) in the 500-yard freestyle, with Ortega posting a time of 5:16.44 and McCluskey close behind (5:19.18).
- Sebastian Ortega (West Palm Beach, Fla.) took top honors in the 50-yard butterfly with a time of 26.27, ahead of teammates Vlad Kiveliyk (Southington, Conn.) and Noah Liscord (Wayne, Maine).
- Dylan Schrama (Taunton, Mass.) touched the wall first in the 200-yard IM (2:15.42) and was third in the 100-yard freestyle (51.33).
- Marco Moneti (Bloomington, Minn.) took home the diving crowns, posting scores of 153.45 (1-meter) and 156.45 (3-meter).
- The Clark 200-yard freestyle relay foursome of Sebastian Ortega, Kiveliyk, Bill Holloman (Avon, Conn.) and Liscord turned in a time of 1:39.74.
Clark returns to the water on Saturday when they welcome Brandeis University to the Kneller Center Pool.