Paxton, Mass. – For the third straight week, junior Alex Hull (Mount Laurel, N.J.) was the top finisher for the Clark men's cross country team as the Cougars finished 4th at the Worcester City Championship hosted at Moore State Park on Friday afternoon.
After Assumption College snapped WPI's 20-year run as City Championship title holder in 2014, the Engineers have won the last two titles in amazing fashion. In 2015, they had eight of the top ten finishers and this year they had seven of the top ten including first place finisher Jason Bugarin, who finished seventh last season.
- Junior Alex Hull (Mount Laurel, N.J.) turned in an 11th place finish (29:19).
- Freshman Satchel Smith (Treasure Island, Fla.) pushed through to finish 23rd (30:51).
- Junior Ryan Van Dine (Bolton, Conn.) churned out a 28th place showing (31:27).
- Freshman Thomas Alden (Groton, Mass.) finished in 30th place (31:57).
- Senior Samuel Smith (Hopkinton, N.H.) finished the five mile course in 32nd place (32:03).
- Senior Rhys Duquette (Holyoke, Mass.) finished in 36th place (33:17).
- Sophomore Issac Stone (Natick, Mass.) finished in 38th place (33:41).
- Senior Ethan Winslow (Pittsfield, Mass.) finished in 39th place (33:52).
- Freshman Grant Maitland (Reading, Mass.) finished in 43rd place (35:45).
- Sophomore Jonathan Gober (New Market, Md.) wrapped up the Clark contingent with a 46th place finish (36:31).
"Alex pushed hard early on but it was great races abound from runners 2-5," said Clark head coach Bill Gray. "Also it was great to see Ryan back in the mix and he ran a really great race today."
The Cougars are back in action next Saturday when they take part in the Saratoga Invitational.