South Hadley, Mass. – Senior Karina Urquhart (Sanford, Maine) won a trio of events and the Clark University women's swimming and diving team posted a 124-99 win over New England Women's And Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) action on Thursday afternoon.
Urquhart finished first in the 1,000-yard freestyle (11:35.84), 200-yard IM (2:20.34) and the 500-yard freestyle (5:37.79).
What Else Happened:
- In addition to Urquhart, two other Cougars won individual events. Niki Lew (Auburndale, Mass.) took top honors in the 200-yard breaststroke (2:45.95) ahead of teammate Lara Prosterman (San Francisco, Calif.), who was second (2:52.61).
- Quinn Mitchell (West Hartford, Conn.) finished first in the 200-yard butterfly (2:23.17) and was followed in second place by teammate Ariel Vaughan (West Haven, Conn.) (2:35.16).
- Sasha Kumar (Canyon Country, Calif.) was second in the 200-yard freestyle (2:13.31) and second in the 200-yard backstroke (2:24.07).
- Diver Lauren Clark (Haverhill, Mass.) was second in both the 1-meter (1:40.75) and the 3-meter (1:54.20).
- Amelia Muratori (Southbury, Conn.) also had two second place efforts. She touched the wall in second place in the 50-yard freestyle (26.63) and was second in the 100-yard freestyle (58.58).
- Clark's 200-yard medley relay foursome of Kumar, Lew, Mitchell and Charlotte Gray (Sandy Hook, Conn.) breezed to a first-place finish in 1:58.15.
- The Cougars' 400-yard freestyle relay squad of Muratori, Emma Bulman (Bridgewater, Mass.), Gray and Mitchell were also victorious, edging out the Lyons in a time of 4:00.12.
In their other dual meet of the day, the Scarlet and White fell to Wheaton College, 155-75.
Clark is off until next Saturday when they host Coast Guard Academy in a dual meet beginning at 1:00 p.m.